Hellobox 8 - Great Hardware - Useless Software

machteck
T2
T2

Re: Hellobox 8 - Great Hardware - Useless Software

Post by machteck » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:12 am

car mel wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:05 pm
Stop wasting your time. 8 models keep going to red light, forum is abandoned, limited support, Crypt 8 on line down since a couple of weeks ago, spammer walking around like nothing etc :x :x
cpr43 ?? just wondering :D

spencer26
T2
T2

Post by spencer26 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Hey do a search on Aliexpress for M8S PLUS DVB S2
This box same price as Hellobox 8 but it looks like it is the winner.
About 50 shops selling it.
Its Android 7.1.

Cluster.One
T3
T3

Post by Cluster.One » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:26 pm

Who tells you that it is the winner? :roll: I think you have to try it first...

No DVB-T-T2, Multistream? T2mi? Dolby Digital & Dolby Digital Plus?

Yes it's Android 7.1. and 4K but this is not enough to say that it is the winner...it will work fine without a bug? we are really sure ?

Here we are to convince Hellobox engineers to improve Hellobox 8, not advertise other boxes...

One of the things to add absolutely to new Hellobox 8 Firmware is the possibility to download and upload the channel list on a drive USB...

spencer26
T2
T2

Post by spencer26 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:11 pm

From how I am reading it DVBS2x Multistream.
All the goodies the Hellobox 8 is supposed to have.
But with so many shops selling it they would have to have their software together.
My sat finder V8 has all the goodies and works correctly.
Just simple things like seeing all the channels would be nice.
I will probably buy this box.

Yes but the software engineers here are not improving the software they are screwing it up. Latest version lost the EPG and Info of the channel.
I work with software engineers and they cant believe what these guys are doing.
Spencer

Cluster.One
T3
T3

Post by Cluster.One » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:03 am

spencer26 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:11 pm
Latest version lost the EPG and Info of the channel.
Very strange things, with the latest firmware EPG works regularly on my Hellobox 8

While what has changed for me it's that pressing audio key on remote no longer show AC3 but only a generic audio 1

What worries me is all these boxes that only show red LED

Yawwilson
T4
T4

Post by Yawwilson » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:40 am

Well,most boxes work fine in their original state..that is to say the very original software that comes with it and basically for the region they intend to be used for...
However, problems begin to shoot up when the boxes begin to be patched for goodies and regions other than those regions initially targeted.
I may be wrong but had same experience with other well established brands (boxes)

machteck
T2
T2

Post by machteck » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:19 am

Yawwilson wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:40 am
Well,most boxes work fine in their original state..that is to say the very original software that comes with it and basically for the region they intend to be used for...
However, problems begin to shoot up when the boxes begin to be patched for goodies and regions other than those regions initially targeted.
I may be wrong but had same experience with other well established brands (boxes)
I agree i have had bad experiences with a couple other boxes, but this box is unusual, mine will not move the c ban dish properly and it will not move the KU ban dish at all and there is no switching involved, i have reinstalled the factory original software and all the recent updates. software writers say it is an electrical problem but my other Hello boxes move the dishes with no problem. other than a few little glitches the box shows a great picture and i am not having a lot of issues that other owners are having. At this time i would not recommend buying one. :)

braluca
T1
T1

Post by braluca » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:11 am

Cluster.One wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:26 pm
Who tells you that it is the winner? :roll: I think you have to try it first...

No DVB-T-T2, Multistream? T2mi? Dolby Digital & Dolby Digital Plus?

Yes it's Android 7.1. and 4K but this is not enough to say that it is the winner...it will work fine without a bug? we are really sure ?

Here we are to convince Hellobox engineers to improve Hellobox 8, not advertise other boxes...

One of the things to add absolutely to new Hellobox 8 Firmware is the possibility to download and upload the channel list on a drive USB...
I do not see any antenna input for DVB-T/T2/C
so definitivly how can be better?