Bad Video quality with DVBPlayer App on Android

Miguel
T1
T1

Bad Video quality with DVBPlayer App on Android

Post by Miguel » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:33 pm

When using the DVBPlayer App directly connected by WiFi Direct to Samsung Galaxy Tab A the video quality of SAT programs is rather poor and interrupting quite often. I also tried to connect both to my FritzBox 7490 but the result is poor too. The quality of HD (1920*1080) is worse than for SD (720*576). The picture via a parallel connected TV via HDMI is excellent.
Is there a possibility to reduce the resolution for a connection with a Android tablet to lower the network traffic. I intent to use the Hellobox 8 outside my home just with a Tablet and SAT/Terestric antenna.
THANKS

fenddick

Re: Bad Video quality with DVBPlayer App on Android

Post by fenddick » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:50 am

Miguel wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:33 pm
When using the DVBPlayer App directly connected by WiFi Direct to Samsung Galaxy Tab A the video quality of SAT programs is rather poor and interrupting quite often. I also tried to connect both to my FritzBox 7490 but the result is poor too. The quality of HD (1920*1080) is worse than for SD (720*576). The picture via a parallel connected TV via HDMI is excellent.
Is there a possibility to reduce the resolution for a connection with a Android tablet to lower the network traffic. I intent to use the Hellobox 8 outside my home just with a Tablet and SAT/Terestric antenna.
THANKS
We're going to optimize it

Miguel
T1
T1

Post by Miguel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:07 am

Thank you very much for your support fenddick, I really appreciate it. :D
Recently you uploaded the new firmware Gx6605s. Does this work on Hellobox 8 and would it solve the problem of the bad steaming quality when using it to watch SAT channels via the app on a smartphone or tablet. In this case I would give it a try. Thanks, :?:

gxu
Designer
Designer

Post by gxu » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:18 am

Miguel wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:33 pm
THANKS
the quality is depend on your network status. If your wifi status is not good, the video data maybe lost by the network. The higher video quality need much more bandwidth than the lower video quality.
Two way to improve: 1. make sure no other devices are sharing wifi while you are using dvbplayer 2.use a better wifi router

Miguel
T1
T1

Post by Miguel » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:54 pm

Hello gxu: thank you for your comments. I tried two ways. One was to connect Hellobox 8 and the Samsung tablet to the Fritzbox 7490. The second way was to use wifi direct hotspot of the Samsung tablet. In this case, no other device than the tablet and Hellobox are connected with eachother. Therefore it seems to me that it is not caused by the wifi speed but the Hellobox. I hope that the Hellobox firmware can be improved to avoid interruption of videos.