Connection to internet optional...S2

Yawwilson
T4
T4

Connection to internet optional...S2

Post by Yawwilson » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:59 pm

First of all, want to wish the Hello box team and the whole of china a speedy recovery and swift combating of the virus infections...
Now, a request and suggestion to the engineers..if the smart S2 connection to the internet could be made optional after connection.... will be waiting for a quick response...

stevechretien111
T1
T1

Re: Connection to internet optional...S2

Post by stevechretien111 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:18 am

Hi,
I am not from the team but, as far as i know, no need of internet connection for the s2 to work, just a router without internet, of course you need the app or a player like VLC, kodi or another player that can play lan streaming from http://***.***.***.***:8875/channellist.m3u , juste replace the *'s by the local IP adress of your s2. That way you can watch TV from what you can get by satellite. You can also use an older Cell phone as an access point that you connect your S2 to and you connect another Cell phone to the access point. If you have an extra battery pack/charger, you can even connect the s2 to it and use it even if you have to deal with power outage.

Yawwilson
T4
T4

Post by Yawwilson » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:33 pm

stevechretien111 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:18 am
Hi,
I am not from the team but, as far as i know, no need of internet connection for the s2 to work, just a router without internet, of course you need the app or a player like VLC, kodi or another player that can play lan streaming from http://***.***.***.***:8875/channellist.m3u , juste replace the *'s by the local IP adress of your s2. That way you can watch TV from what you can get by satellite. You can also use an older Cell phone as an access point that you connect your S2 to and you connect another Cell phone to the access point. If you have an extra battery pack/charger, you can even connect the s2 to it and use it even if you have to deal with power outage.
My dear friend, is your smart S2 working without internet connection?

stevechretien111
T1
T1

Post by stevechretien111 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:00 am

No internet connections required, just a router to link your s2 to your phone or other device.

Yawwilson
T4
T4

Post by Yawwilson » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:35 pm

Smart S2 now working without internet.... internet is now optional..for live TV and autoroll functions..