Keep on searching the box

stevechretien111
T1
T1

Keep on searching the box

Post by stevechretien111 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Hi, too often my box is undetectable by dvbplayer. Most of the time it happens with my fire tv stick but happen with my phone too. Simetimes i can still watch the TV by clicking the home icon at the left of the dlna (TV) icon but sometimes it is not available even there. When it happening, the only solution i found is to disconnect and reconnect the box. It happening since the beguining. At first i thought is was a problem with my network but changed everything, same problem. I'm using original power supply, USB cable and tried both wifi and ethernet, did not fixed the problem.
Any solution for me? Am i the only one who have this problem?
Thank you.

Yawwilson
T4
T4

Re: Keep on searching the box

Post by Yawwilson » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:38 pm

Well,to be able to connect your S2 to your phone, you must first enable wifi hotspots on your phone....Then if the box request wifi connection, you go to the hotspots settings on the phone , and copy the hotspots name and password.. Once you copy correctly and save, the box will connect. Make sure your Data/ internet connection is enabled.

stevechretien111
T1
T1

Post by stevechretien111 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:31 pm

I dont need my phone hot-spot for the wifi, i have a wifi router and high speed internet via optic cable. And it is also curreltly connected throught ethernet cable so it should be detectable all the time, but it is not the case. Sometimes, it is not detectable but using the fing app on Android, or the ping command on windows, i can ping the s2, without packet lost. But when i try to scan for the open ports, sometimes the port 8875 is not listed as open, like if the web server is down, the only thing that i can do is unplug and replug the s2 to reboot the system, and it is really anoying, and sometimes i have to do it 2 or 3 times a day.

Yawwilson
T4
T4

Post by Yawwilson » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:47 pm

Well, am on Android version 9 and don't have any problem with connection.. could you try a different phone? So you can come to a definite conclusion..

stevechretien111
T1
T1

Post by stevechretien111 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:19 am

Hi

I've tried with dvbplayer on my PC, with VLC on windows 10 using the channellist.m3u, also with my Raspberry pi with Kodi, my Android tablet with VLC, my girlfriend Cell phone, my fire TV stick, when it won't connecter, sometimes i can connect from another device and sometimes i have to unplug and replug because even if it is still connected to the network, the web server for port 8875 is offline. But the web server is required for dvbplayer to receive the channel list. Oh yeah, and also sometimes i got a message wrong password but no password is set, even if i reset to factory and reinstall dvbplayer, same thing. That device is so weird sometimes. Might be defective from the begining, never worked properly.

Arbourboateng
T3
T3

Post by Arbourboateng » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:57 am

Try and open the box and check if the network connections is properly in place, it happen to me also some time back.